WELCOME to PAGASA SOCIAL FOUNDATION
Philippine American Group for Aging Seniors in America
PAGASA Social Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit (501 (C) 3 organization aimed to reach out to the growing number of isolated elderly Filipino Americans and provide them with a hub where they can gather and interact with other seniors, share their experiences , their professions and restore their pride.
Let us support this foundation which will make a difference for our aging Filipino American community.
TNO/PAGASA WELCOME Jimmy Dizon
Organizational Issues for Resolutions & Amendments:
- Mission/Vision ACRONYM
- PAGASAsfi & PAGASA Social Foundation
- Organizational Structure/ PAGASA, Four Dragon Atlantic, LLC
- Financial Reports & Accounting
- Website: www.pagasasfi.org
- Guidelines: Flea Market
I Getting to know you & Organizational Exchanges and Establishing Coalition
II PROJECT: Adult Day Care/ Shared Home Living
- Project Study & Research
IV Public Relations
- Press Releases
- Interviews & Write Ups
- Newsletter Bi-weekly (Constant Contact)
- Database/ Memberships
V Social Media
VI Activities for Seniors
Establishing connections/coalitions with other organizations & Senior Citizens Group
- Filipino American Senior Citizens of Queens
- Philippine Nurses Association
- Kalusugan Coalition
- Volker Orth Museum
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Community Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Private Homes & Offices
- TNO/PAGASA........Satellite Program for Seniors July, 2015
- Launching of The Library & Museum of Philippine American Arts & Culture
- How to Celebrate your 100th Birthday: August, 2015........Celebrating Lita Solis 75th
- My Baryo, My Boro Intergenerational Workshop (August 30, 2015)
- So long, Enzo & Huey............................................(August 30, 2015)
- Preparing & Enjoying the Golden Years.................(September 10, 2015)
- Richmond Hill Health Fair.......................................(September 20, 2015)
- Zarzuela Filipina (The Coming of the Cross & the Sword) October 2, 2015
- Zarzuela Filipina West Orange................................(Dec. 12,2015)
- Richmond Hill Cultural Pizza: Health Fair, Walk, Cultural Fair (May 1, 2016)
- Art Festival Williamsburg
- Zarzuela Queens, NYC
One-on-One with the President
- Asessing the Needs of Aging Seniors
- Entitlement from Medicare & Medicaid
- Services for Aging Immigrants
CELEBRATING our AGING SENIORS
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
P.E.T.A. PAGASA Education Training & Advocacy, 2014
Slogan: “Lakasan Ang Loob …Ibangon Ang Sarili”
(A Program of PAGASA & The Nursing Office COMMUNITY CENTER)
Filipino-American Seniors educated and trained to advocate for their rights to culturally sensitive & competent health-care services or therapies; to fair housing practices; to technological literacy; to financial independence --- nurtured and honed in Senior-friendly spaces/environments with family, friends, and the general community.
Filipino-American Seniors empowered to support other Seniors in the general community with similar situations or challenges, in their pursuit of happiness and true meaning or purpose in life.
To reach out to Invisible Seniors living in our community who are seriously challenged by loneliness, isolation, and helplessness, through the activities at the PAGASA & The Nursing Office Community Center, and participation in larger community activities.
To encourage Seniors to expand their range of choices & strengthen support networks that help them address their health, housing, psycho-social, financial, or legal issues (See www.pagasasfi.com; www.thenursingoffice.com).
- Establish Case Management Protocol for technical, legal, financial, health, housing, etc., challenges of Senior citizens, regardless of race, gender, color, or ethnicity.
- Draw up Support network, contacts, resource, & point person to meet the specific challenge of the Senior citizen.
- Implement Plan of action to address urgent and/or pending issue of the Senior person and secure a Safe Space to protect confidentiality.
- Execute timely, appropriate Documentation (paper, electronic, etc.) and Reference files on each Senior’s case.
- Resolve urgent issues with the least harm, at the least cost to the Senior citizen.
- Conduct education, skills-training, and advocacy-training classes necessary to upgrade Seniors’ learning & awareness on self-care, health care services, fair housing, financial and legal issues, such as, living will, estate planning, property management, pensions & benefits, social security, taxes & retirement (both here or abroad).
A group of concerned Filipino Americans have bound together to form an organization that answers the needs of the growing numbers of elderly population. Hence the goal of Pagasasfi is to reach out to the isolated elderly Filipino Americans seeking help to stir up their desire to be a part of a community.
PAGASA Social Foundation Inc. a not for profit organization founded in 2011 and officially launched at the Kalayaan Hall of the Philippine Consulate General in New York in October 2013. It has established a place where seniors can interact with their peer groups; relive their past to restore their identity and pride. On the other hand, it should be noted that these seniors are a bastion of wealth with their experiences that can be beneficial to other needy seniors, children and grand children.
PAGASAsfi holds various events including health fair with Q&A medical issues, nutritional counseling, and education on their civil rights. Other activities provided are one dollar flea market on any item, cultural events, workshops, field trips, raffles, bingo etc served with Filipino refreshments.
Admission to all events is free of charge. Donation is welcome.
PAGASAsfi is also in collaboration with the issue of Medicare portability to the Philippines. Eric Lachica the l lobbyist in Congress was instrumental in the passage of the "Filipino Veterans Equity Act of 2008". Now called “Filipino Veterans Equity Compensation Bill”, finally signed into law in 2009 that provides $198m to Filipino veterans. Please go to USMEDICAREPH. ORG.; The NURSING OFFICE Community Center and AARP.